Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chapter 5: Zariah City

(Today's chapter is a small teaser online. It is available in full in the forthcoming Amalure Book)

*****
The pace I had kept was unreal, the plains that separated our forest from Zariah City's walls seemed to flow by and behind me, not even a week had passed and I was upon the walls of the forbidden city.

"Now just to find a way in..."
*****
What otherworldly wonders did this city not hold? I now knew I needed to find a way inside this building, the flaming gate had to signal something. This could very well be the place I would find something to bring honor back to my family.
*****
The parchments and scrolls were mind blowing... this much knowledge in written form was near inconceivable back in the Camp, this had to be a great library or the school or maybe even...

"You there! Who are you and why are you in our home!?"

Turning I found a Elven child not much older than me. He looked enraged by my very presence and I saw him reaching for some metal object on a desk; at his touch the metal glowed red and sizzled.

"I'll teach a peasant to sneak into the Delano manor!"
*****


©2010 Cyi Taiga & Jono Taiga

No comments:

Post a Comment